Now that you have decided to do blogging, at first I’d like to congratulate you for this decision and wish you good luck for the same. Trust me, it doesn’t happen over night but you are surely going to enjoy this roller coaster ride called ‘Professional Blogging’. Throughout your blogging career, you will have to remember this. CONTENT IS KING. Without a good content, your blog is nothing. Also know that readers hate to struggle with content. They are short tempered and if they come across hiccups, they might close the tab and would never return to your blog.
According to me, your content should be:
If you content has nothing to do with the above 2 terms, then you are surely going to lose the game.
Below are some really important tips that will help you ace your game in creating content for your blog. So, every time to begin to work on a blog post, just keep the below things in your mind:
- Try to maintain the quality of content. Avoid SMS lingo or typos or grammatical errors.
- Don’t put out just the text, but include as many relevant pictures you can include in your blogpost. Readers love to see pictures, especially GIFs. They’re fun, you see!
- Key note to remember is, text should be original, pictures should be original and if you are using pictures from another website, do mention source of it (just the way I mentioned in my GIF, you can also add a back link to the image)
- Length also matters, when writing a blogpost. Ideal length of a nice blogpost that is search engine friendly is from 350 words to 650 words. Sometimes, you can post 2000+ words article too, it always helps. But don’t post it regularly! Like the ratio should be, 5:50.
- Post consistently. Twice to thrice a week, is a good number to update your blog with a new post.
- And obviously, post relevant content! There’s no point talking about specifications of a newly launched mobile phone on a beauty blog. Makes sense?
- Keep it fun and crisp!
Thoughts? Comment below!
Questions? Comment below for that too! Keep blogging!