Goa is indeed a party capital of our national. Isn’t it? And those say that summer is an off-season for Goa, well I would like to tell you that there is never an off-season in Goa. Goa in summer is altogether a different experience. Though the climate in Goa during summer is really hot and sweaty but ain’t that the perfect time to hit pools and beaches? I mean who goes swimming in winter? Not me at the least!
I have visited Goa in almost all seasons and therefore I decided to give you 7 tips to visit Goa in summer. These tips include what to pack for Goa trip during summer, travelling tips and places to see in Goa.
Please excuse my messy hair and no-make up, the pic is of lighthouse and it’s got the best view. We also spotted some dolphins right from the top of the lighthouse. It’s next to Aguada fort.
1. Carry a sunscreen which provides minimum of SPF 50 protection. Apply it every time you step out.
2. Book a resort which has greenry and huge pool. I’d suggest for Alila Diwa luxury resort. I have stayed in it twice and trust me it’s a perfect resort to chill in Goa during summer.
3. Don’t forget to carry a cap & shades. And just in case, you forgot you can simply buy caps, hats and shades from roadside shops in Goa. They are cheap and perfect for Goa trip!
4. Heat can sap your energy, so make sure you keep yourself hydrated. Always have a water bottle with you. Drink Nimbu paani, Coconut water and juices when out and about in the sun.
5. Don’t wear heavy and full outfits. Cotton is the best fabric for Goa. You can wear shorts and tanks or frocks dresses. Swim wear and bikinis are must to pack!
6. I would suggest you to step outdoors after 4 pm. Until 4 pm you can chill in your room or by your resort poolside.
7. For footwear, I’d suggest you to carry flats or flip-flops. Don’t wear heels or boots.
8. You must enjoy varieties of mangoes available in Goa. You’ll get good mangoes in Panjim and Mapusa.
9. Enjoy the water sports like parasailing, jet skis, banana boats, etc. in North Goa beaches.
10. If you wish to spot dolphins, go speed-boating in Candolim beach. Early morning around 6 or 7 is a perfect time for the same
11. Visit all the forts after 4 pm only or before/during sunrise. Visiting forts in between 10 to 4 will give you an experience similar to what you’ll get when you visit a furnace.
I hope these tips would help you in planning a perfect vacation to Goa in summer. Let me know if you’ve got some tip to add to this list via comments section below.