Tax Day that falls on April 18th will soon approach before the tax payers will realize it. The need of the hour for all those who are going to file early must make sure that you aren’t making any kind of careless mistakes when rushing to get that successfully refunded.
Here are the 7 things to double-check while rushing to file taxes:
- Social Security numbers – Most of the people input missing or incorrect Social Security numbers so do make sure that you are rightly entering in the correct numbers that are actually on your Social Security card.
- Calculation – A lot of tax filers actually mess up the simple and serious calculation while perfectly preparing paper returns. There is a need and requirement for properly making all calculation that are entered in the filling forms under any situations, circumstances and conditions.
- Filing status – Several people select the wrong filing status. Read the instruction carefully before choosing your status.
- Tax payers must enter bank account numbers for direct deposit correctly in the space given in the form.
- Dependent’s last name – it is to be remembered that that several people misspell their dependent’s last name. So do make sure that you use the actual name that is used on his or her Social Security card.
- Computation -Taxpayers largely tend to make certain mistakes while calculating their taxable income, estimated tax payments, withholding, Earned Income Tax Credit, the taxable amount of Social Security benefits, Standard Deduction for age 65 or over or blind and the Child and Dependent Care Credit.
- The tax payers should sign and date the return properly in the filing form in the right manner.
According to the IRS, the tax payers are advised to carefully go through the official website and read all the given instruction and guidelines.