How To Care For Animals This Diwali?
Diwali is round the corner and we are all busy with shopping or planning for parties with friends and loved ones. But wait; have you given a thought for the pets who love you unconditionally? The noise and smoke that are generated from the crackers and the loud music that keeps on the energy flowing in the festive season, are harmful to the pets. They have sensitive ways of responding to their surroundings and exposure to long hours of dust and smoke along with noise can take a toll on their lives.
Here are some of the easiest ways that you can adopt in order to help your pets keep away from the noise and air pollution during Diwali:
- Keep their ears covered as much as possible to avoid exposure to harsh sound.
- Keep a first aid box handy in case of emergencies
- Do not allow your pets to move outside the premises of your house. Remember, they should not even go to the open terrace.
- Do not burst crackers in front of your pets. Also, take care to keep them at a safe distance from your pets.
- Do not scold your pets if they are scared. Talk to them gently and spend time with them.
- Keep the doors and windows closed. In case your pet is becoming too fearful, allow them to sit under a table or sofa.
Not that you should only take care of your pets and let the street animals to themselves. Never try to hit the street animals or make them scared with the fire crackers. Furthermore, you should provide them with food and water and provide with first aid and medication facilities in case of emergencies. Keep in mind that your happiness should not stand in the way of others.
I know if I would say celebrate a noiseless Diwali, most of you won’t even give a s*** to it. Therefore, ensure that your pets are safe and sound by following these tips!
Also read: How Pets Help You Live Longer