9 Fascinating Facts About Rio Olympics 2016 That You Might Not Know
OMG OMG! In just few hours, we will witness the most happening event of the world- Olympics 2016.
Many might not know, but I am huge fan of Olympics (especially gymnastics, tennis, sync swimming & basketball.). And I never miss the opening ceremony of Olympics. Yes! So, I am going off to sleep after publishing this post and would get up at 3:45 AM to watch the ceremony.
This time many new things are being introduced at Olympics. Therefore I am sharing 9 fascinating facts about Rio Olympics 2016 that you might not know!
Here you go!
- Brazil (Rio De Janeiro) is the first south American that is hosting Olympics.
- It is happening for the first time that Golf & Rugby sevens is included. Though,15-players version of Rugby sevens was included in between Olympics 1900 and 1924.
- This time, more than 300,000 visitors are coming to watch the games.
- Rio 2016 Olympics mascot called Vinicius is a mix of different animals. It pays tribute to the famous Brazilian musician Vinicius de Moraes.
- About 550 athletes are participating as team USA with 292 women players.
- Over 6000 volunteers are participating in the opening ceremony of Rio Olympics.
- Total 306 events are going to be held in this years Olympics.
- Youngest athlete to participate is from Nepal. Her name is Gaurika Singh and she is swimmer.
- For the first time, there is a refugee Olympic team to compete. There are 10 refugees to participate.
Ain’t these facts so interesting? Do let me know if you are going to watch the opening ceremony or not?
FYI: It is going to be broadcasted on IST 4:30AM on star sports network!