Holi is just around the corner and I am sure your mind is pre-occupied with thousands of thoughts of Gujiya and Malpua. Also, water balloons, pichkari and loads of colors. Surely, Holi is a joyful festival and fills our lives with colors and happy moments.
Decades back, people used to play Holi using natural colors which was made using flowers, leaves and herbs. With time, we were introduced to cosmetic colors made using powder, dyes, chemicals and at times, dangerous glass powder and alkalis. This harmful chemicals and toxins is dangerous for skin and can lead to skin allergies and even serious injuries upon scratching.
|Holi 2016: 9 Expert Skin Care Tips For This Festival Of Colours|
Here are 9 expert tips to protect your skin before playing Holi. (…and there, expert refers to my mum!)
1. Apply coconut oil on your entire body and mustard oil on your hair at least an hour before you play with colors.
2. After oiling your body, apply sunscreen too.
3. For girls, apply thick coat of dark nail paint. This will prevent your nails to get colored with holi colors with looks really bad.
4. If you have any sort of cut, injury or wound, cover it properly using waterproof band-aids.
5. Don’t stay in wet clothes after playing holi for more than 2 hours.
6. Avoid eating any Kulfi or ice-cream from local vendor, it might contain bhang.
7. Wear a cap or a headband.
8. Don’t forget to wear your sunglasses. It will protect your eyes.
9. Drink clean water after every half an hour to stay hydrated.
So these were some really important tips to follow for Holi. I hope you’ll keep these in mind and yes, don’t forget to share it with the ones you care for!
image source: everydaygreetings.com
-- Subscribe for free updates on new books, articles, events, giveaways and so much more! xo