In this article, we shall be talking about the environmental changes caused by global warming and it’s impact on us and our planet. The increasing levels of pollution due to vehicular and industrial emission leading to release of Greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and breach in the continuity of the Ozone layer are leading to remarkable changes in the global climate.
There is a scientific consensus on this fact due to global observation of phenomena such as glaciers melting, disturbance in the normal cycle of seasonal changes, deterioration in agricultural productivity etc.
|The Impact Of Global Warming|
1. The temperature in various parts of World has been observed to rise. If this continues, the rates of people getting affected by heat exhaustion, heat stroke, and other such medical conditions shall be a cause of worry.
2. Due to the breach in the Ozone layer, the quantity of harmful radiation reaching the earth through the atmosphere has significantly increased. These UV rays are not good for health of humans and can lead to several mutations in genetics and also cause an increase in the development of certain types of cancers that are triggered by long term exposure to sunlight.. For instance, various types of skin cancers, breast cancer etc.
3. Since the glaciers are melting, the sea level is constantly rising globally, therefore, the odds of floods in low lying areas and coastal areas is also increased. Such natural calamities always lead to material loss as well as loss of life.
4. A considerable reduction in agricultural production due to disturbance in patterns of rains can lead to drought like conditions and extreme weather conditions like: Heavy rainfall and high temperatures over long periods of time can affect global food supplies and increased prices of even staple food crops in various parts of the world.
5. The frequency of occurrence of incidences of Wild forest fires has increased. Also, driven by an increase in populations of forest destroying insects and lesser rainfall, the world forest cover is gradually shrinking.
6. To to shrinking forests, the air pollutants shall trigger more of respiratory allergies.
7. To to lesser rainfall, the dependability on ground water shall increase leading to loss and eventually depletion of groundwater levels might occur some day.
8. Due to disruption of climatic patterns, the animal behaviors and wildlife resources are also getting negatively affected leading to disturbances in food chain as the species of animals that can adapt to warm weather conditions shall increase and others shall perish.
9. An abrupt shift in temperature can affect Oceanic circulation pattern leading to thermohaline shift in circulation leading to serious impacts in parts of US and Europe.
So, after knowing so much, it is our prime duty to care for our environment and adapt to measures that can lead to decrease in vehicular pollution, lesser use of air conditioners and substances containing chloro fluro carbons.Industries should set up their plants away from cities and take all measures possible to minimize the release of pollutants into the environment.
Otherwise, the Earth is doomed in future that is not too far. Each one of us can make a difference!
Grab my latest epic romance novel #ForTheSakeOfLove -Out now! 🤗 Spread the word~ Get it today at an online store or bookstore near you ❤️ Buy link: Click here to buy