People take the problem of sleeplessness or insomnia very lightly which is wrong. Insomnia is a serious health problem where a person experiences lack of sleep which affect one’s daily life in a very bad way. A healthy body and mind needs sound sleep. People often start taking sleeping pills which can have adverse affects on the body.
In this post, I am going to share 15 fantastico home remedies for insomnia. These home remedies are easy and worth giving a shot.
|15 Fantastico Home Remedies For Insomnia|
1. Meditate for 15-20 minutes daily to cure insomnia
2. Cut down the amount of caffeine. Also, avoid eating sweets too.
3. Go for a Lavender Aroma Therapy. I learned about this last month when I visited 4 season’s spa for a session. Just take few drops of lavender oil and apply it on your forehead before going off to sleep.
4. Take a nice warm shower before sleeping. This relaxes your mind resulting into sound sleep.
5. Drink a cup of chamomile tea 1 hour prior to sleeping. It is a good cure of insomnia and restlessness.
6. Put few drops of jasmine essential oils on both of your writs before sleeping. The fragrance of Jasmine will surely make you fall asleep.
7. Increase your intake of Calcium and Magnesium rich food. These are good sleep boosters.
8. Read good books when you are on your bed.
9. Drink a cup of warm milk without sugar or sweetener before hitting the bed.
10. Try to de-stress your body during the day time. Eating wild lettuce salad in the afternoon can help you deal with that.
11. Change your sleeping place and position. This trick works out with 70% of people. You can change the sides, or the direction.
12. With reference to the above point, you can also try changing your pillow and mattress. This helps too.
13. Think positive thoughts throughout your day. When you will be happy all through the day, your mind will experience relaxation which results in sound sleep.
14. Try to socialize. Spend time with people who are joyful and happy. A little and easy booze with good friends before hitting the bed may also help in curing insomnia. But don’t make it a habit, because addiction of such things is really bad.
15. Play some sound, soft and relaxing music when you are on your bed. This will help you fall asleep for sure. Also, stay away from TV, cellphone and laptops when you are going off to sleep.
So, these were 15 home remedies for insomnia. Insomnia should not be taken lightly. Try these home remedies for at least 2 weeks before going back to your routine sleeping pills.