DDLJ or Diwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge is one of the most popular Bollywood movies. I admit that I love that movie to the core. It is one of my favorite movies. The characters, the plot, the songs, locations and ending, everything in that movie is just perfect.How a rich spoiled brat falls in a love with a simple girl and how the unite, is no less than a fairytale. I like DDLJ not just because it has SRK in it and it is a romantic flick, but it also talks about the family values and it’s importance in a couple’s life.
There are many incidents and facts that are very interesting to discuss but in this post, I am going to share the 12 lesser known facts about DDLJ. I love to read and research about the movies and books I love, and therefore after spending so much time on web and magazine, I came to know about these fantastico facts about DDLJ that are totally worth sharing.
So, here are the 12 lesser know fantastico facts about DDLJ:
1) The title of the movie Diwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge was suggested by Anupam Kher’s wife Kiron Kher.
2) You must be knowing that the role of Raj Malhotra was offered to Tom Cruise before SRK, but you will be surprised to know that before Tom Cruise, this role was offered to Saif Ali Khan.
3) …and the role of Kuljeet (Simran’s fiance) was offered to Arman Kohli before it came to Parmeet Sethi.
4) Aditya Chopra happens to be a huge Raj Kapoor fan, and therefore, he named the hero of the movie as Raj.
5) The song Mehndi Laga Ke Rakhna was originally not the part of the movie.
6) DDLJ is a debut movie of Karan Johar and Mandira Bedi
7) Uday Chopra was one of the assistant directors of the movie
8) Remember the morning scene after the song Zara Sa Jhum Lu Mein where SRK plays a prank with Kajol? Interesting fact is, that the Lipstick marks on SRK’s chest were all real and made by Kajol herself. Even I was surprised to know about this fact when I read it in a news e-magazine.
9) Shah Rukh Khan was not sure about doing this role as before this movie, he was doing negative roles.
10) In the song Ruk Ja O Dil Deewane, remember the steps with table cloth? SRK got it perfect in the first take itself and it was done it one shot!
11) Aditya Chopra wrote DDLJ in just 4weeks i.e. almost in 1 month
12) During the shoot of DDLJ, while discussing the movie with parents, Aditya Chopra said that I am not making anything new. In fact, I am making the oldest story in the book, but I am happy with it.
Ain’t these facts really interesting? Go ahead and share with DDLJ fan you know!