I often hear youth referring themselves as travellers and not tourists. Though, I agree that it sounds good (and of course cool) but still, it’s wrong… because there are many things that separates travellers from tourists.
Wandering around, gaining knowledge, forgetting worries and discovering new things is what has been said in the famous poem of ‘Ulysses’ for travellers. Travellers are always craving and yearning to know new places and go beyond imagination. Tourists have the limit and the boundary of visiting places.
|Are You A Traveller Or A Tourist? 7 Things That Separate Travellers From Tourists|
Tourists and travellers widely differ in all respect.
1. Travellers will be busy taking snaps of the forests, animals, places, lands , rocks, natural beauties, new things they see, while tourists will be busy in taking snaps of themselves and their family in front tourist spots to show their other friends and relatives when they come back.
2. Travellers want to learn about the people, culture, places, languages, food after visiting the place, whereas tourists first study the reviews, opinions of the place and then decide to travel.
3. Travellers learn, eat, and work with the people of the places to understand their lifestyle and the atmospheric influence, tourist’s takes guide along with them to show them the ways and the places to see.
4. Travellers have a bag which only carries necessary belongings; tourist’s packs their luggage and takes all things required.
5. Tourists find friends, relatives and other known persons to accompany them in travelling any new place, whereas travellers love to travel alone and make new friends in the way of their travel.
6. Tourists have a distinct destination and complete their journey thereafter and return back, travellers have no such particular destination; they love to go from one place to another in search of the unknown.
7. Tourists’ reserves hotels, resorts to settle and enjoy the places visited, travellers have no such distinct reservation, and they love to stay in forests, tents or in people hut to gain knowledge of the place.
The above points will make you understand the difference between tourists and traveller.
So, decide yourself, whether you are a traveller or a tourist?
Until next time, CIAO!
image source: tumblr
-- Subscribe for free updates on new books, articles, events, giveaways and so much more! xo