It’s that day of the year when we see our national flag unfurling filling our hearts with pride and patriotism. I feel, this feeling of being proud to be an Indian should leave us. We should keep up with it all 365 days.
But I’m glad that today on our Republic Day, each and every Indian salutes and celebrates the spirit of our nation India.
|9 Facts About Republic Day That You Must Know|
Today, I’m going to share 9 facts about our Republic Day that you must know! So, go ahead… read… and celebrate!
1) First Republic Day was celebrated on 26 Jan 1950, after 3 years of our Independence.
2) 26 Jan 1930 was earlier celebrated as Purna Swaraj Diwas. It’s the day when Indians decided to fight for complete freedom i.e. Purna Swaraj.
3) The first Republic Day Parade was held in 1955 in Rajpath.
4) Constitution of Indian is the longest in the world with having 448 articles.
5) It took 2 years and 11 months for Dr. B.R. Ambedkar to draft the Indian Constitution.
6) It’s not just a day celebration, but Republic Day celebrations are a three-days long affair. …and majority of national awards like Kirti Chakra, Bharat Ratna and Padma Bhushan are awarded during the Republic Day celebrations.
7) The Indian motto ‘Satyamev Jayate‘ was selected by Madan Mohan Malviya.
8) 21 gun Salutes are given when the President of India hoists the national flag on the Republic Day every year, in order to mark the honor.
9) Our national anthem ‘Jana Gana Mana‘ was official adopted as the National Anthem of India on 24th Jan 1950. (…also, it takes 52 seconds to play or sing)
Ain’t these facts so interesting?
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and share!
image source: black and white photography blog
-- Subscribe for free updates on new books, articles, events, giveaways and so much more! xo