Hey you all!
It shouldn’t be a surprise for anyone if today we talk here about the very beloved character from Harry Potter world that is Professor Mc Gonagall. For all the Harry Potter fans, it is an obvious fact that each one of the characters has had their own shining moments and has been praised well enough at their true dedication towards Hogwarts!
While we take pride in acknowledging all the quotes from these evergreen characters, for now we emphasize on quotes by our favorite badass headmistress in Hogwarts; prof. McGonagall which made me smile.
1. ‘Is it true that you shouted at Professor Umbridge?’
‘Yes,’ said Harry.
‘You called her a liar?’
‘You told her He Who Must Not Be Named is back?’
Professor McGonagall sat down behind her desk, frowning at Harry. Then she said, ‘Have a biscuit, Potter.’
‘Have – what?’
– Makes sense? Haha, one of the best quotes I feel that have always carried the pun to make me smile!
2. Longbottom: “let me get this straight, you are actually giving us permission to do this?”
“That is correct Longbottom.” Said prof. McGonagall
“To blow it up? Boom?
– An epic statement by our dear headmistress of Hogwarts to just “Boom!” I can imagine Longbottom not having any further question for Professor!
3. “I’ve become accustomed to seeing the Quidditch Cup in my study, boys, and I really don’t want to have to hand it over to Professor Snape, so use the extra time to practice, won’t you?”
– A statement filled with quirky expressions is what I have always expected from professor McGonagall to make me smile some more.
4. “We got lost” said the 3 of them.
“Then perhaps a map? I trust you don’t need one to find your seats” replied professor McGonagall.
– An authoritative figure one can never argue to holds the best remarks for her students which always have a tinge of quirkiness in it.
5. “ Piertotum Locomotor”
“Hogwarts is threatened, man the boundaries. Protect us. Do your duty to our school”.
“I always wanted to use that spell”
– A diligent headmistress who is always ready to give in everything to protect Hogwarts is again shown as a happy and satisfied professor who has used the spell pretty efficiently!
6. “A letter?” repeated Professor Mc Gonagall faintly, sitting back down on the wall. “Really Dumbledore, you think you can explain all this in a letter? These people will never understand him! He’ll be famous—a legend—I wouldn’t be surprised if today was known as Harry Potter day in the future—there will be books written about Harry—every child in our world will know his name!”
– Quoted in sorcerer’s stone, it is one of the best things that she expresses!
There’s no doubt that I love the fact that Minerva Mc Gonagall has always been by Harry’s side to take care of him, be it direct or indirect!Character filled with heroism will always be praised, and the quotes will always make me smile like they did the very first time.
Submitted By: Pratishtha Rana
image source: google